Thursday, May 29, 2014

And So It Begins

Thursday
 May 29, 2014
 9:00pm

When week 40 arrived, I was beyond ready to meet you. While I tried to be as social and as adventurous as possible, my body felt terrible. I had dreams of being pregnant forever. I looked up every single article online pertaining to inducing labor naturally (against my better judgement). My midwife told me to cool it. Nothing I had done or was about to do was going to force you to come any sooner. She advised me to rest up for the big day............and I didn't listen. I would know exactly why she urged this later.

On this day, I walked up and down 12th south avenue three times, did countless squats and even had our dear friend, Mark, take me for a bumpy ride in his jeep. While I did start having what I would classify later as meager contractions, it just wasn't working.

Anxious, stressed and tired, Daddy and I decided to distract ourselves by hanging out with friends and carrying on. I made him drop me off a little over half a mile from our friend Abby's (Auntie Abz) house. I wanted to walk. With a bucket of ice cream. It just made sense.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive