Saturday, May 31, 2014

False Alarm.

saturday
may 31, 2014

1:30am-
I wake up in tears, breathing heavily and leg shaking. Finally. What my midwife had warned me about. These were THE contractions. The ones that mean business. She said I would know when early labor stopped and when active labor starts. I knew this is what she meant. I'm able to get myself together. Breath through it and opt for the bath. If this was active labor, the bath wouldn't slow anything down. I tell Daddy my plan and tell him to go back to sleep. I also make sure he knows not to inform Ashley just in case this wasn't the real deal.

2:00am-
I've already sent texts to Ashley updating her on my status (and Daddy has done so secretly as well). All we could do was wait. The contractions weren't close enough together but the intensity was there. Definitely. 

4:00am-
Contractions have gotten closer together. 3-4 minutes. For a minute long. Sometimes less. Ashley has arrived and helped me labor a bit at home. Daddy and Ashley both asked what I wanted to do. I wanted to go to the hospital. I was in some pain and couldn't take it much longer (or so I thought). I shaved my legs, threw my wet, tangled hair up and got in the car. The thought of looking cute never crossed my mind. I only thought of the midwife and nurses. And of you, of course.

5:45am-

We arrived at vanderbilt hospital. It was a gorgeous morning and I thought to myself  "Cool. Let's have a baby." 

6:00am-
We arrive in Triage and we waited there until 9:00am just to be notified that I'm only dilated to 4 and cannot be admitted to labor and delivery. Back home we go....













photos by abigail wright
(auntie abz)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive