Monday, December 01, 2014

Half Birthday!

GEMMA! YOU ARE 6 MONTHS! GET OUTTA HERE!



My dear girl, how quickly half a year has passed us by. You're not a little newborn anymore and I've got the mom-arms to prove it. The past few months have been so full. You have traveled with me to Texas and California. You stayed in Nashville with Ammie for 5 days while your dad and I went on a trip to St. Augustine to see your Auntie Jo & Uncle JT get married. You handled formula while I was away like a champ. Dad got a new job that he loves in the film industry and I went back to work at night a few times a week. We've battled sickness, soreness and not enough sleep. And it's also been the best few months I've ever known. The three of us have grown closer than ever and I'm so proud of our little family. You are so sweet. You aren't picky about people- you love EVERYONE. Anyone can make you smile and laugh. If only you could understand how much joy and light you bring to everyone. Someday, I hope you will. 





Your Auntie Meg, Auntie Jo and Auntie Bree are officially "baby-hogs" and you love it. Auntie Bree can put you to sleep no matter what. Your Uncle Edwin (aka "Uncle Tio") has a special place in your little heart already. You love sitting with him while watching football. I think your first language will be spanish because that's all you ever hear from him.

You love selfies and watching videos of yourself. I think you think it's another baby. We will have to do something about that once you realize it's yourself!

You love carrots and avocado. NO BANANA. Just like your father. You always want to eat when we eat and what we are eating. You will chew and suck on anything, mostly your Sophie giraffe, because of those sore little gums of yours. Your poopy diapers are out of this world toxic and pollute the air we breathe every time. Dang solid food.




You. Love. Kisses. You give them freely. We'll have to talk about that when you're older.

There are so many things you're learning and I love it. I am in awe of you, Gem. I love watching your personality form and I think you're going to be one sassy lady. You're going to be a handful. A sweet one, though.

I love you so much baby girl and I'm excited to share more of the world with you as you grow. In 6 more months, you'll be ONE! Let's not think about that yet....

All of my love,
Mama

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive