Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Just The Two Of Us.

10 Months.

You are fascinating. I watch you every day. More like observe. You're curious. Brave. Happy. Silly. Loving. All things good. Your teeth coming in have been the ongoing trial in your life and I know it's no easy feat. Your overall countenance is pleasurable, but girlfriend, you are killing me with this waking up at 6am the past several days. It's truly my only qualm with you young lady. SIX IN THE MORNING. Aye yai yai. You are a peach at bedtime. You give me kisses and go with dad into your room, lay your head on his shoulder and curl up in his lap with Lion. It's the sweetest thing. But then 6am comes and I hear you start to stir. I tell myself that if I just keep my eyes closed, you'll think to yourself "Gee, mama is still sleeping. Her eyes are closed. I should probably go back to sleep and not wake her." But you don't. We get up and start the day. It works for now but honey, you are aging me each morning.

The last time we had a real photo taken of us was when you were born which is a complete shame. If I could take wonderful, non-iphone photos of our family on the reg, I would. But yesterday, our friend Austin Lord, photographed us at home for Johnson & Johnson. You were a ham, per usual. You loved his watch and were definitely a little flirt. I'm telling you: KID LEASH UNTIL YOU'RE 21. You think I'm kidding but don't doubt your mother. 




These photos are so dear to me. We have fun together. Except for right now because as I'm typing this, you are pulling out all of your books on your bookcase and one just fell on your leg where you have a bruise from previous incident. Your first bruise. Big deal. Now you're crying and shouting my name. No time for spell check or grammar check. I'm coming. 

Love you dearly my beautiful girl,
Mama

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive